fot

Re: uncle Jack's disease

To: gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com, RIVERSIDE@Cedar-Rapids.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: uncle Jack's disease
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 10:45:10 EDT
In a message dated 06/20/2000 1:42:52 AM Central Daylight Time,
gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com writes:

<< At Hardy Prentice's suggestion, we have made floating baffles that look
like
 large washers made out of sheet Teflon that is 1/8 inch thick.  The baffles
 fit just outboard of the ring gear carrier bearings.  When the oil begins to
 "slosh" out of the center part of the axle casing, it pushes the oil up
 against the end of the axle tube where it fits inside of the center section
 casting.  The baffle has a hole in the center just large enough for the axle
 shaft to fit  through.  It prevents the oil from running out of the center
 section of the differential and  flooding  the axle seals.   This
 modification completely put an end to both my axle seal leaks and the loss
 of ring and pinions due to overheating caused by oil starvation, which
 invariably happens when all of the oil goes out to one end  of the axle
 tube >>

I use these on my TR3 as well.

Bill Dentinger