fot

Re: Branierd International Raceway (Donnybrook) Closing

To: EISANDIEGO@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Branierd International Raceway (Donnybrook) Closing
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 13:59:15 EDT
In a message dated 06/20/2000 10:07:39 AM Central Daylight Time,
EISANDIEGO@aol.com writes:

<<     BIR, as it is currently known, will be closing at the end of this year
 make room for a subdivision. I have very fond memories of this Branierd,
 Minnesota race track and am very sad to hear of its pending closure. In its
 heyday, it hosted many events, including some Can Am races.       >>

I raced BRAINERD in the mid-1980s.  GREAT TRACK.  Interestingly, one time
when I heard BOB TULLIUS speak, he was asked which was his favorite track.
With all the great tracks Group 44 ran, I was surprised to hear him say,
"BRAINERD".  I asked him why, and he said because it was 'so forgiving...it
was the SAFEST.'  It does have great run-off areas, but is SURE FAST.

Bill Dentinger