fot

Branierd International Raceway (Donnybrook) Closing

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Branierd International Raceway (Donnybrook) Closing
From: EISANDIEGO@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 11:06:09 EDT
Dear FOTers

    BIR, as it is currently known, will be closing at the end of this year to
make room for a subdivision. I have very fond memories of this Branierd,
Minnesota race track and am very sad to hear of its pending closure. In its
heyday, it hosted many events, including some Can Am races.

    It has a mile long straight which is followed by a high speed right hand
turn...foot to the floor all the way. Lift slightly before enterring turn
two, don't let off the gas or the slope will take your to the marbles and the
grass. Then eight more great turns.

    With the TR3A, one's foot would be to the floor from the straight all the
way to turn three. Frankly, the TR3A was not fast enough to really
"experience" turns one and two. But I had those opportunities through other
cars.

    For those of you who are interested, there may be one last chance to
drive it.  The SCCA shares its events with the local vintage club. They
traditionally have their last race on labor day weekend.

Cary