fot

CVAR June Race - Triumph Notes

To: "'FOT'" <fot@autox.team.net>, "'Beth Wilt'" <bwilt@tpf.org>,
Subject: CVAR June Race - Triumph Notes
From: Jeff Wilt <jwilt@leighengineering.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 18:12:40 -0500
The June CVAR event was lightly attended due to the anticipated hot weather,
which did not materialize until late Sunday.  However, we had our largest
Triumph contingent this year, my TR3A and Bob Kramer's TR4.  We ran the short
1.9 mile road course (my first time) and was it a blast!  First track session
had Kramer and I first in pre-grid, so we entered the track one/two in the
first track session of the weekend - ahead of the MG and Porsche contingents.
We ran nose to tail and put on a fun show until Bob remembered he had
overdrive, and off he went.

The attendance allowed a modification to the schedule, so we had a final race
on Saturday and three races on Sunday instead of a warm up and 2 races.  From
the Saturday evening race thru the end of the weekend, I ran second in class
(CVAR Group 4- Vintage) to a 356 that I couldn't pull on the straights but
caught in the esses.  A Healey diced it up some with us (he ran uncontested in
another class) and all reported that our little knot 'had the look!'

I wound up following the 356 home on the highway as well - he even left the
mid-point restaurant ahead of us on the way back to Dallas......dreams of OD
next season.

Bob Kramer ran in another group - CVAR Group 2, CP etc., and held his own both
on the track and with the gremlins in the new TR4.  This weekend the gremlins
were limited to those only the driver knew about, and the car looked and
sounded great.

We both would have been up north had the weekend not been a conflict with our
home group.  I couldn't pass on CVAR as this was my LAST novice weekend.  The
huge purple "X" my 'friends' created for me has been ceremoniously removed - I
am now looking for an Abarth to place it on......

Of note, Bob is also heading up All Texas British Car Day in Round Rock (near
Austin, TX) -  he'll have more for you later.

Jeff
'The Mach 5',
1959 TR3A

Jeffrey G. Wilt, P. G., Rone Engineers, Inc.
8908 Ambassador Row, Dallas, TX 75247
(214) 630-9745   (214) 630-9819 fax
(214) 729-8475 cell
www.roneengineers.com