fot

Re: Mid-Ohio

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mid-Ohio
From: Bob Lang <LANG@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 14:18:42 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

Just wanted to say that I had a great time at the event too. Taking a
tour of the track was _awesome_, and the company was exceptional - funny,
and informative. I second the observation that Henry Frye was quite busy
all weekend, but in true FOT spirit remained positive... in fact his
attitude was quite jovial.

Joe Alexander hadn't found a new set of tires before I left, but I think
he was still looking...

All in all, a great time, and I can't wait 'till the 2002 event with
Triumph as the featured marque.

I had about 1600 miles of "trouble-free" Triumph driving over the
weekend. Let's see, the tach crapped out (bad dizzy drive gear), I nearly
killed the electrical system in Hartford (the combo of the lights, the CB
and the stereo apparently overwhelmed the alternator to the point that my
voltmeter was registering 11 volts at idle). There were a few other
annoyances like the semi-intermittent windshield wipers - a "bad thing"
in the various showers that followed my from Ohio to Massachusetts.

But I'm def. going back to this event in the future. A GREAT TIME.

Thanks to Joe A. and the other FOT's that made the event so much fun.

regards,
rml
p.s. I wound up winning the "furthest distance driven in a British car"
at 750 (more or less) miles from my house to Mid-Ohio... gotta get in
touch with Steve Bidlack about the physical award. Kool.
p.p.s. I got some good pictures (three rolls) and video (about an hour)
if anyone's intersted... I'll even edit out the Porches, if you desire! ;-)
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |