fot

Lime Rock

To: "Friends of Triumph" <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lime Rock
From: "jaboruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 21:11:49 -0700
While it seems most Triumphs were out at Mid-Ohio this past weekend
defending the Triumph name against MGs, I was racing at Lime Rock
defending the name against the Japanese (240Zs) and the Germans
(2002s).  I  started 8th overall and 3rd in class behind the two 240Zs
(one on the front row, and one on the 2nd). I finished 2nd in class
and 5th overall.  The class winning 240Z ran away and hid after the
1st couple laps of this 18 lap race.   He's got about 2 seconds a lap
over me.

I am still fighting with trying to get the HS6 carbs to flow enough
fuel.  I opened up the jets to 0.104, and while it was better, I could
not get over 6200 rpm without going lean and dying out.  For the
morning warm-up, I pulled the air horns off, and found another 400
rpm.  I'm going to give these carbs one more chance this weekend at
Lime Rock.  I'm removing the epoxy ramps before and after the bridges
to see if that helps.  If not, then I will have to go with some
unmodified carbs, or make the jump to Webers.

If anyone is into Shelby Mustangs, the Shelby Club will be having
their National Convention at Lime Rock this weekend.  There will be
Shelby races and limited SCCA racing.  I will be racing there with the
Volvo Historic Series.  I hear that Carroll Shelby and various other
Ford racing dignitaries will be there, also.