fot

Re: Quick thought from weather wimp

To: thefryes@iconn.net
Subject: Re: Quick thought from weather wimp
From: EISANDIEGO@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 11:08:22 EDT
    I do not have any experience with the VTR or triumph events, but I do go
to Pebble Beach nearly every year as a spectator. There are two concours, one
on Friday (Italian) and another one on Sunday (Pebble Beach). In addition,
there are club events - the Ferrari club rents the track the day after the
Historic Races end. The Porsche club has its own gatherings.

    I like the idea of putting the two events together. I probably would make
more of an attempt to go to that particular event. However, I think one would
need to location, location, location..........is this someplace that people
would want to go every year if it rains.

    As a spectator, I go to the track on the days that the car show are not
happening. However, it would not be half as much fun if I was spending in it
the rain, so weather to me personally is a major factor.

    I personally like driving in the rain..it reminds me of the ice coated
street of my nothern Wisconsin childhood. Although I prefer driving it is
something other than my TR3A. with its current setup.

    I sure it is for those people who prepare these show cars as well, they
spend countless hours cleaning off the dirt Can just imagine the chaos of a
summer thunder storm with hail....

    Last year, i drove up from Columbus to attend one day. Is there  adequate
housing in the area. Which reminds me, I need to try to find a place to stay
for BRIC..

Cary