fot

Re: Rear Brakes

To: WEmery7451@aol.com, jaboruch@netzero.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear Brakes
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 10:59:52 EDT
In a message dated 07/09/2000 9:15:58 AM Central Daylight Time,
WEmery7451@aol.com writes:

<< << If not I may just put steel 10 inch drums on and live with the extra
 weight in the back. >>

 Good luck with finding brake shoes for these drums.  Fortunately, the brake
 lining does not wear very fast.  >>

I run the original TRIUMPH 10" alfin brake drums on my TR3.  They are scarce
as hen's teeth.  I heard Ken Gillanders say TRIUMPH may have made as few as
forty-eight (-48-) sets.  Ken has them (properly) front and back on his
famous 'Red Rocket' TR2.

Brake shoes are not a problem.  You can find them.  You just have to remember
to have them 'mated or arched' to match the drum.  And you can have them
lined with lots of different compounds.  Finding 10" alfin drums is the
tricky part.

Bill Dentinger