fot

Re: Aaacck!

To: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Subject: Re: Aaacck!
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 07:13:54 +0000
Mark,
Sounds pretty much like what I am going through with Tiny Tim.

Except that"
1. there are no carpets. lights, wipers, windows, door handles, top, etc. to
futz around with.  Only a clutch that doesn't fit right
with the new aluminum flywheel and some paint work, not to mention a full
tune-up of the twin DCOE's.  I am hoping to get it finished
in time for the Local SCCA SOLO2 event this Sunday.  It would be a wonderful
thing to know that I have one event under my belt before
hauling him 1600+ miles only to find out that something doesn't work right!

THen there's the trailer.  Mine is a home-made 2-wheel tilt rig that was made
in 1959.  It has more miles with Triumphs on its back
that all of my cars combined.  I had to install 2x12 boards on the tracks to
get the slicks to fit without grooving them.

The back up plan is to bring Huxley the Mk1 Street Spit instead!

Joe