fot

Aaacck!

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Aaacck!
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 01:29:50 -0600 (MDT)
Just popped up the calendar window.  In a mere 336 hours from now, I plan to
be snoozing away in bed, resting up for the trip.  The Eep will be resting
in the driveway, fully loaded, Killer atop the little trailer.  Fast forward
a few hours, and Karen and I are on the road, heading to VTR 2000.

Did I miss something?  Don't I have a few more months to get Killer into the
condition I had planned for VTR?  The paintwork done, all the carpet bits in
place, interior door handles and window cranks, attached to working windows?
At each corner, the proper complement of working lights, brought to life by
the mere flick of the required switch from the cockpit?  And perhaps having
the windscreen wipers actually attached to the wiper motor, in turn attached
to a switch, on the rare chance the weather in that area turns foul?  And
speaking of weather, a nice, snug fitting top would be nice.  Of course, to
be a streetable machine, Killer would need some exhaust work, replacing the
current bits so that upon ignition, neighborhood dogs will not bay as small
children run for their mother's aprons.  And it would be nice to not get
high centered on a double yellow line.

Perhaps I should leave Killer well enough alone, and concentrate first on the
trailer.  That way there is a greater likelihood of the whole rig making it
intact to the meet, rather than having Killer pitched into a roadside ditch
somewhere around Baker, or Pendelton, or wherever a trailer bearing decides
to opt for early retirement. And as usual, there is the issue of the trailer
lights.   The scheme I had may have to wait until next summer.  But maybe I
can get some fenders in place, we shall see.

I have 340 hours.  I will get to VTR with something, one way or another.

mjb.