fot

Sighting - Ken Gillanders

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sighting - Ken Gillanders
From: Wes Dayton <wdayton@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 19:28:20 +1000
I think I saw a recent note indicating Ken being sighted at a race
meeting somewhere in the U.S. Middle Country.  Well, jet setter that he
is, I can confirm he arrived today in Sydney for this weekend's race
meeting at Eastern Creek.    How's that for dedication to the sport?!?
Spent the first hour at the airport unloading various TR bits from his
luggage. By the end of the weekend he'll be in a position to compare
Southern Hemisphere racing with the Northern variety.

This is the biggest Historic racing event in New South Wales each year,
with more than 350 cars entered, ranging from pre-war open wheelers to
mid-seventy classes.  Usually held in September, but the Oly*#!mpics
means that nothing else runs during that month.

Will be interesting to see how Ken compares this to something like
Mid-Ohio (although I'm sure we'll have a bigger number of Holdens
entered)!