fot

Re: Headers

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Headers
From: Don Marshall <marshall@nefcom.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 10:37:52 -0400
At 10:44 AM 7/19/00 -0500, Jack W. Drews wrote:
>Stahl sells headers that are designed for Triumph TR4
>
>Does anyone know if they will fit a TR3?

Hi Jack...

When I put the Stahl header on my early TR4, I still had the short TR3/4
intake manifold on it and one of the header pipes interfered with the
manifold crossover pipe.  I had to put a small dent in the top of the one
header pipe for clearance.  When I put the longer 4A intake on, there was
plenty of room.

I also had to grind away the top lip of the frame where the pipes drop
down.  I don't remember if the 3 and 4 frame dimensions are the same there
but if they are, I would think it should fit the 3 OK after some grinding.

Doesn't Stalh make a header that's designed specifically for the 3?

Regards...
Don