fot

clutch woes

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: clutch woes
From: Vincent De Palma <greenery@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 11:13:35 -0700
Joe,
I'm not sure if this is your problem, but I also had problem with clutch
release on my Spitfire - stock gearbox and clutch.  The flange on the
bearing carrier had slipped out of the slot in one of the two thrust
plugs in the operating lever (fork).  It drove me nuts and I went
through similar fixes to yours until I found it.  The slot on the plug
had worn and allowed the carrier to slip out.  I didn't have a spare at
the time so I just reversed the plug and reinstalled it.  It's been fine
for more than a year of racing.
Good luck.
vince de palma
yellow Spitfire #73