fot

Re: Weight distribution

To: marshall@nefcom.net, FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Weight distribution
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 00:40:44 EDT
I have a set of old specs on #197 from 1992. I drag them out and share them.

Just got back from VTR Portland and back "online"

Joe (A)

<< Amici...

 I don't recall ever seeing a discussion on the list about how and why to
 balance a race car, so I'd like to start one.

 I got the 4A put back together with steel bodywork, 6" Panasports and some
 old Bridgestone RE71s and went to a Solo 1 at Roebling Rd this past
 weekend.  Had lots of fun and learned a lot about drifts, spins, etc.
 While there, I put it on the scales and am interested in how it stacks up,
 what should be changed, and why?

 With almost full fuel and no driver, it weighs 1995#, as follows:

 LF   478     RF    527
 LR   516    RR    474

 Adding the driver, the weight went up to 2184#:

 LF   530    RF    545
 LR  599     RR    510

 Would anyone care to shed some light on the meaning of all this and what
 should be changed to make it closer to "right"?

 Thanks...
 Don Marshall
 TR4A  BRG #11