fot

RE: Maine Forest Pro Rallye (fwd)

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Maine Forest Pro Rallye (fwd)
From: "Jack Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 17:07:13 -0400
>  The wreck happened on stage 7 as the we had just passed a SAAB who
>  held us up for 4 miles. Between the wreck which cost us 4 minutes and
>  the loss of the rear brakes on stage 8, which cost another 2 minutes;
>  and we would have finished 13th and 3rd in Group 5.
>
>  See you soon on the stages
>  John K. Shirley
>  Team LeConte
>  http://www.teamleconte.com/

John,

That Saab wasn't by chance Jerry Sweet, of Sweet Motors, Mine Hill, NJ.  If
it was please let me know.  He does the nasty mechanical work I don't want
to do on my Saab and I'd cherish the chance to give him some friendly
grief.

Keep up the good work, blowing off those (legendary) Rally Saabs,

Jack Brooks
1960 TR3A
1980 TR8
1974 Norton 850 Commando