fot

Re: Sturgis 2000 Motorcycle Rally (Non Technical)

To: BillB@bnj.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sturgis 2000 Motorcycle Rally (Non Technical)
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 13:39:51 EDT
In a message dated 8/17/00 11:29:06 PM Pacific Daylight Time, BillB@bnj.com
writes:

<< And you're right, most of the guys are "Nouveau Tough"
 accountants and lawyers who rode VWs or scooters in the 60s (while I was
 leaving the odd gobbet of flesh on tracks and roadsides here and there). But
 there's just enough real tough guys mixed in to keep you on your toes.  >>

One FOTer told a story about escaping the Devil's Tower area in his Jeep.  I
accidentally lost his message while trying to put it in my Sturgis file.  He
must have stumbled onto the criminal element, or one of those wild nude
campground parties that the newspapers write about.

I use to ride in several Jeeps about ten years after WW-II.  One individual
drove off the road into an open field covered with two feet of snow.  I
figured that the Jeep would stay in the field until spring. In four wheel
drive, he drove all around in the field and back onto the highway.  Those
vehicles would go anywhere!  The FOTer could probably have run over a few
cycles and kept on going, if the lid was on the Jeep so that he wouldn'd be
hit by flying chains.