fot

Re: membership?

To: N197TR4@cs.com
Subject: Re: membership?
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 19:44:57 -0500
N197TR4@cs.com wrote:

> Wendy, this is Joe Alexander, so called National Coordinator.  (although
> there are no official duties as you will discover as you read)
>
> This e-mail group was formed to connect the many Triumph racers
> together...many of them being vintage racers, especially at the first. This
> was nearly three years ago.
>
> There was never any intention of forming a club with dues, meetings, officers
> and there was just a few of us initially. Like many accidental ideas, it
> seems to be a good one. Most of the folks are current racers in one form or
> another...or would like to be. We also have some wanabes or some otherwise
> very interesting folks who are part of the list and add value to it.
>
> We do now, by way of Mordy's suggestions and support, have some regalia and a
> website.
>
> So far there are no dues, no meetings, no officers, ergo no big egos & no
> backbiting (no need). We just get together where ever we can in person and
> share a lot of ideas, hopes, fears, and sometimes, good stories on the
> internet.
>
> In short, welcome aboard...plunk you magic twanger, Mark Bradakis and add
> <hartw@plastekgroup.com>
>
> I consider Mordy's note a nomination and mine is a second.
>
> BTW, coming your way in a couple of weeks to be at Lime Rock and the Glen.
>
> Regards,
>
> Joe Alexander
> Cedar Falls, Iowa
> << I'm going to refer to our lead coordinator, Joe.
>  The Friends of Triumph are individuals who share a common goal -- have a
> good time racing while preserving the Triumph racing heritage.
>
>  I am the www coordinator and hope to be adding more photos and bios in the
> next several weeks.  Currently, there is no fee.  Nominations for entry are
> generally, from a standing member and often times "seconded" by another
> member.  Almost all members have had significant racing seat time...
>  You may know of Hardy Prentice....
>
>  You may submit photo's( JPEG)  to me.  Please include a short (one paragraph
> )Bio.I will endeavor to post it on the www site.
>
>  good luck, and thanks...
>
>  Mordy Dunst
>
>     >>

Joe's and Mordy's comments were accurate in all respects with but one oversight
-- new members are encouraged to send a monetary contribution in an amount of
their own choosing to uncle jack, self-appointed totally unofficial treasurer,
be used for Jack's racing budget, of course.......

--

TR6 -- 29 and still running
TR4 -- 39 but no longer racing