fot

Re: TR

To: <TRBILBO@aol.com>, <gasket.works@gte.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR
From: "R. Kastner" <kaskas@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 18:44:54 -0700
As I've gotten a few messages about the Vitesse.....here is a little
stuff........ Built by my company Kastner Brophy Racing in 1971.  Factory
sent me a stock Vitesse and we then did the build for the then Trans-am
racing. Engine was a 2 litre "6" making about 210 HP ( real) and the car was
painted vivid candy apple red and chrome yellow stripes because it was so
ugly we couldn't stand it. My soon to be wife but then timing a scoring lady
named it " the Candy Box". IT WAS FAST. Another car simular built later on
by a fellow named Mike Rockett was very well done and raced with success.
That car was green.   I raced the car only a few times then sent it on its
way to the great race track in some else's yard.