fot

Re: TR

To: TRBILBO@aol.com, kaskas@earthlink.net, gasket.works@gte.net,
Subject: Re: TR
From: "ALAN N. TAYLOR" <atenglish@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 22:00:02 -0700
At 09:32 PM 8/20/00 EDT, TRBILBO@aol.com wrote:
>Kas...I have seen the "Kastner/Brophy Vitesse advertised before. Don't know
>if this is the same thing. Could you shed a little light on the history of
>the "K/B" Vitesse?
>
>Also have heard of a racing Vitesse refered to as "Rocket's car", presumably
>in reference to the owner or driver. Heard this? Make sense to you? Again
any
>history would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Billy B.

 I know both of these cars as they are in the southeast. The
'Kastner/Brophy' car was driven by Paul Swanson (I think)and has a 2.5
litre engine and 5-speed and is very fast. It currently resides in
Highlands, NC between a Abarth "Double Bubble" and a Mazda Argo. It is
owned by Ralph Thomas who is a nice guy and good driver. The 'Mike Rocket'
car is all Triumph with a 2-litre engine and GT6 style gearbox. It is in
the Atlanta area and owned by Doug Campbell who is an excellent driver. I
came close to buying it last year but came to my senses since there are two
ex SCCA TR4's and a Kelly American car in my garage already. Hope this
helps....Alan Taylor