fot

Re: racing Vitesses

To: "michael l. cook" <mlcooknj@bellatlantic.net>, <Herald948@aol.com>
Subject: Re: racing Vitesses
From: "R. Kastner" <kaskas@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 08:51:39 -0700
Yes, Mike the car was originally white and the color stripes were painted
onto that white by Daver Kent who also designed the scheme. When this
"opportunity" first came to mind we had a sponsor that felt he just had to
get into the 2 litre trans-am racing. Who am I to doubt a big bucks guy that
wants to go racing?  So we had to figure out a loop-hole that just might
give an advantage.  The Vitesse was really a small car and thus could be a
bullet down the chute.  It was that too. Unfortunately we never got the
money from the big bucks guy and thus my interest waned instantly.  I don't
remember that Rockett raced his car in the Trans-am but I  remember he built
it up after we did the "Candy Box". I remember his car as being a dark green
or blue.  I have always wondered about the Newman 2.5 also. It was being
constructed up in Conn. somewhere by the "rounyrounders" who were really
good guys and after we looked at the rules and the layout it should have
been a real killer.  Another mystery, unsolved.