fot

Re: TRANSMISSION LOCK UP

To: <BillDentin@aol.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TRANSMISSION LOCK UP
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 10:48:37 -0500
My best guess would be that something is amiss with the reverse actuator,
causing the lever to be pulled away from the slot in the reverse gear. I
think that the lever would still push the gear into some activation but
could not take it out. Could be a broken locating pin on the lever,  wear on
the lever itself or wear on the slotted doo-hickey on the selector rod that
slides over the lever. When you pull a cover, these things move around and
it may have looked like it came apart normally, when it was actually off.

Bob Kramer
TR6, TR4A, TR4
Hill Country Triumph Club
Corinthians Vintage Auto Racing