fot

TR3A Racer-Nomination for Richard Hardison (CVAR)

To: cobra@airmail.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3A Racer-Nomination for Richard Hardison (CVAR)
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 13:08:47 EDT
Richard Hardison is my age...I'm not sure that counts for much. He grew up in
the shadow of VIR and didnt know it was there. But, I didnt know about Road
Americal, until I started drinking beer.

Anyway, he is a little unusual as he has been racing a Formula Ford and is
now building a TR3A. Most guys seem to go the other way. Our FF guys will
want to talk to him.

Attached is some information that came from Richard. I hereby nominate him to
the FOT  and looking for a second.

(Mark Bradakis:  cobra@airmail.net)

Regards,

Joe Alexander

-----------------------------------

<< In 1993 I decided to build a replica of a 1965 AC Shelby Cobra, and it
 led me to the Bondurant School to finally learn to drive .  The Cobra
 was fun for a while, but it was a replica; also too wild for the street
 and not a candidate for vintage racing.

 I joined Corinthian Vintage Auto racing in 1996, worked corners and
 learned about good quality vintage racing.  I bought a 1970 Titan FF in
 1996, had a great mechanic put it back together properly, and entered my
 first race in 2/97.  In 1998, I bought the first Winkelmann FB car made,
 a 1968 WDB1.  After months of work to get it ready, we raced it for the
 first time in 9/99.  The WDB1 has a lot of interesting history.  Bob
 Winkelmann was my guest and co-driver at our May Races; and he is one of
 the most interesting sources of racing info from the 1950-70 period you
 can imagine.  He has become a great friend.

 The more I read about racing in the 1950's and 1960's, my interest in a
 first class TR3 race grew until we launched the TR3 project late last
 year.  We being Ed Barnard and me.  Our goal is to put together a first
 class, period correct, pretty race car.  So far, Ed and I have had a lot
 of fun, including a full day visit with T.R. Householder, who sold us
 the car.