fot

Help: Robson term Registration # vs. Car's Commission/Chassis # ???

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Help: Robson term Registration # vs. Car's Commission/Chassis # ???
From: EISANDIEGO@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 14:18:39 EDT
FOTers

    This is a relative basic question. However, I cannot seem to find an
answer in my Triumph books.

    Robson uses the term "registration number" in his book on "The Works
Triumphs" see his appendix. I am confused as to the relationship between the
Robson "registration" number which is the number that appears on the front of
many of the European Triumph racecars and the actual commission
number/chassis number of the cars. Is there any relationship?

    For example, would the ADU8B Lemans Spitfire (ADU8B = Robson registration
number) have a chassis or commission number that exactly matched those
letters? If not, would those Robson registration numbers appear somewhere
else? What was the source?

    Thanks in Advance, Cary