fot

shifter o-rings

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: shifter o-rings
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2000 18:37:18 -0500
I have a gearbox overhaul coming up. There is one vexing problem that
I'm not looking forward to, and I'm asking if anyone has any neat ideas
for accomplishing it.

This is a very old gearbox and nothing has ever been done to it. It is
leaking somewhat at the shifter rods. I would like to replace the
o-rings where the shifter rods go into the transmission cover. In the
past, I've found it very difficult to  loosen the shift fork set screws
without twisting them off ( I hate it when that happens!)

Any good advice?

--

TR6 -- 29 and still running
TR4 -- 39 and being rebuilt