fot

Re: Help Interpret

To: EISANDIEGO@aol.com
Subject: Re: Help Interpret
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 17:07:29 EDT
In a message dated 04-Sep-00 16:50:51 Eastern Daylight Time, EISANDIEGO
writes:

> Was more than one letter assigned for a year? Could you interpret OOM513R
> for me. Should that same registration number still be assigned to that car?

Because they had run out of numbers in 1963, they changed the sequence of the
letters/numbers.  '63 got the suffix "A."  Each year then got the next letter
for a suffix.  So "R" would be the 18th year or 1980.  The OOM is where it
was registered.  I don't know that one.  The 513 means it was the 513th car
registered in the place where OOM was used.

Remember that the UK plates/registration is a "Federal" registration, not
like the US where the states do it.

Art