fot

Re: Triumphs at Topeka

To: "Bob Lang" <LANG@isis.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: Triumphs at Topeka
From: "Wendy Hart" <hartw@plastekgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 16:12:06 -0400
Bob Lang wrote:

> Anyway - even though the CP field has no Triumphs - I'd love to be there
> (they're probably running even as I write this) just to hear 70 or so
> rumbling V8 'Stangs, CumArO's and Corvairs. It's either "magic" or
> "frieghtening". ;-)

A friend of ours is running his CP Mustang there. He used to own an MGB and
his mom has an AH Sprite. I think that makes for enough LBC content to make
it OK to root for the CPs...

I know what you mean about the rumble! I was a starter for one regional race
at Nelson Ledges a few years ago. It was incredible, standing over the track
when a tight pack of SCCA GT-1 Corvettes went screaming underneath!!

Of course, that was an entirely different sensation than when I worked F&C
at the keyhole at Mid-Ohio. Listening to the swarm of 47 SCCA ITB Bunnies
and Golfs as they approached turn 1 on their first green lap was enough to
strike terror into the hearts of the bravest corner worker!

> But my intent is to be there in 2001. Ya, ya, I know... I said that last
> year. But this time I mean it. And if I have a seat available - Mark,
> you're welcome to sit in it. I might even let you drive!
>
> Let's start planning now. Looks like the event will be 11-15 September,
> 2001. It might be even larger than this year, so there might be two more
> days tacked on. Party at my place on Sunday night . Who's up for it??

Topeka is kinda far from my home, especially when my TR6 is still prone to
spewing large quantities of oil at any given moment (like on the way to this
past weekend's autocross, but I digress). If it isn't sorted out by then,
you can have my share of the ale, OK?

In the Spirit of the Sport,
Wendy Hart
1975 TR6