fot

Fwd: Krokus - Group 44 Reference

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Krokus - Group 44 Reference
From: EISANDIEGO@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 16:59:42 EDT
--part1_26.ac7b3a4.26f3e7be_boundary

From: EISANDIEGO@aol.com
Full-name: EISANDIEGO
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 16:53:09 EDT
Subject: Re: Krokus - Group 44 Reference
To: kaskas@earthlink.net
CC: for@autox.team.net

Kas

    I have an article with no date (bad photocopy) here that is titled
"Racing East and West" It states that "Bob Krokus of Falls Church, Va. picked
up his first win of racing season behind the wheel of a Group 44 Spitfire,
picked up his first win...." Perhaps this was a one time occurrence?

    There was a picture of him on victory lap with two girls in the car.
Looks like a photo that the Triumph marketing people should have used.
Unfortunately, it not very clear on this photocopy. Looks like the "Manor"
was a very fun place!

    Other group 44 drivers mentioned were Mike Downs in GT6, John Kelly in a
Mark 3 FP Spitfire (beat Sharp that weekend in Datsun 1600), and of course
Bob T in C production Winning). Down did not race after he plowed into the
workers snack shed.

    The article talks about Lee Mueller driving one o KAS's FP Spitfires at
Holtville against Jerry Barker in a Mark 3. Mueller was driving new
"out-of-the-box" Spitfire and finished closed behind Barker. Carl Swanson won
his third race in a row in a Kas Prepared GT6. Nasty little car won by an
entire lap. (Kas) after being repaired overnight for a roll-over.

    There is no date on this. We know Kelly is racing a Mark 3, so it is
before 1971. Does anyone know the year?

Regards, Cary

--part1_26.ac7b3a4.26f3e7be_boundary--