fot

Re: Krokus - Group 44 Reference

To: <EISANDIEGO@aol.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Krokus - Group 44 Reference
From: "R. Kastner" <kaskas@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 15:13:30 -0700
It sounds like either 70' 0r 71'.  I remember the roll over of Swanson as I
repaired the bodywork myself with a ball peen hammer and a flat rock (small
joke) so that we could continue the next day.  Carl drove back to our office
in Gardena that night for a new windshield and returned and I fit the new
windshield that early morning after his return. Long long hours.  It was
also interesting that we had as a guest, an engineer from the factory  that
weekend, Ray Bates, and he was amazed at our attitude and tenacity with
going on to win. Even thinking about Holtville and that rough track gives me
the shivers.