fot

Tire clearance

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tire clearance
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 10:54:23 -0700
Now that I have (finally) resolved the clutch difficulties on Tiny Tim, I had
an occasion to do a little testing and it appears that I
went a bit too far with lowering the rear.  Anyway, in hard turns, the rear
tires rub the already enlarged rear wheel arches.

I have thought of different ways to solve the problem, which include:

1. Draining out most of the 5 gallons of fuel from the boot mounted fuel cell

2. putting spacers between the rear frame pads and the body.

3. Re-arching the rear spring to increase the height.

4. Buying shorter tires.

My question is, "Have I missed any possibilities, particularly ones that are a
quick fix and don't require massive amounts of cubic
Dollars?"?

Bear in mind that Tiny Tim is a Mk1 Spit with a GT6 Rotoflex chassis, brakes
and suspension.

My long term solution is to get shorter tires but right now, I'd like to wear
these out by contact with the road surface and not with
the fenders.

All inputs are welcome!

Regards,
Joe (C)