fot

[Fwd: racing?]

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fwd: racing?]
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 08:15:51 -0700
--------------8DE0ACDFC9AD184F14F35D00

I received this message from Doug Hansen who recently had his Mk1 Spitfire
creamed in the rear.  The message is self explanatory.

Please respond directly to him.

Regards,
Joe (C)
--------------8DE0ACDFC9AD184F14F35D00

Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 02:42:14 -0400
From: Douglas Hansen <dagger@ix.netcom.com>
To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: racing?
 boundary="------------196A6804F7A4CC68A6B32403"

--------------196A6804F7A4CC68A6B32403

Noticed you havent been on the spit list in a while
I was really hoping to get your advice about my
totaled spit...    but anyways...

I was wondering if you could give me a clue about
where to start racing my spit not autoX.
since my daily mk1 is dead and not worth saving for
street I want to save it for racing.  Im in SC. the southeast
and looked online for vintage racing but found nothing
I think I want to Club Race w/ SCCA but not sure
about the driving school etc...
could you give me a few hints on where to look?
I have an idea of what modifications I need to do
but not sure.  does the old TR/Standard
competition books cover what safety mods etc...
that SCCA requires?
know of any school/tracks out my way that I can get
my license?
know anyone closer to me that I could talk to?

thanks!
Doug Hansen

--------------196A6804F7A4CC68A6B32403
 name="dagger.vcf"