fot

Re: SCATTER SHIELD

To: BillDentin@aol.com, gasket.works@gte.net
Subject: Re: SCATTER SHIELD
From: TRBILBO@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 00:16:57 EDT
glass works but ages quickly with heat cycles and retains oil.Fine if someone
else is writing the checks for the season and you can change it often.

Ballistic nylon is lighter and tougher....good if encapsulated with a top ply
of kevlar or other fabric sheet....usually stitched in place. Can be heavy
but is 'ballistic nylon" so you know it works.

Kevlar is lighter, tougher per pound and heat and oil resistant. Also most
expensive of the three. (although versions of ballistic nylon are right up
there).

 I use used dragster blankets I get at the swap meet. They restarin the bits
of  1000 hp drag motors ... blowers and trannies....so I figure even used
they'll keep the TR bits from my ankles. BUT....they do show oil
contamination and wear and have to be installed by careful drilliing or
adding of mount tabs ... which can be a real pain (literally if you get a
kevlar sliver in your hand.)...and they are heavy. But cheap.....

We use a lot of the good stuff Mordy is offering in the ol' bomber factory.
(Rockwell/Boeing)

If I could afford one I'd take Mordy up on it. It is a pretty piece and made
right. You get what you pay for to be sure.

Billy B. #195 TR4A
E Ticket Triumphs