fot

Re: spitfire input shaft specs needed (single rail)

To: Janice/Matt Matthews <matthews-home@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: spitfire input shaft specs needed (single rail)
From: William Manning <gripdad@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 09:42:52 -0700
     In my vintage racing Spitfire I use a TR7 4 speed single rail
transmission in a Spitfire with the stock Spitfire 1296 clutch. You have to
cut the stock TR7 input shaft off and weld on a Spitfire input shaft. This way
you can use the cheap stock clutches which I have been successfully running
for the past two years. I just put in a new clutch disk whenever I pull the
engine or transmission which is always a couple of times a year. Tapping the
flywheel for a larger size bolt is also a good idea as I broke the stock size
ARP bolts when they became loose due to flexing.

Bill    VARA E/P #3