fot

FOT-Business Update

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: FOT-Business Update
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 17:16:31 EDT
FOT...greetings,

First Item:

FOT Mordy Dunst launched the FOT website on his own, some time back and is
supporting it financially. He had engaged a website coordinator that is no
longer available to him, as I understand it. As a result, he asked about
someone knowledgeable to volunteer to maintain the site...Give a busy man
something to do and he will get it done....Connecticut's Henry Frye (TR4 #05)
was contacted.

So Henry is going to give it a shot. The vision is to add some pictures in,
that have been laying dormant for some time, and to add some articles in with
pictures, etc. Race Reports come to mind...so if you are out racing somewhere
(and have digital camera)...this is great. Texas coming up in October....so
is Summit Point....so is IRP...so is Blackhawk Farms.....so is VARA in Las
Vegas in November....you get the picture. Just do it!!! Henry will likely
have some ideas of his own, but that is his choice...although, Mordy will
remain Official Webmaster.

Next item:

Burt Levy's book...the third of the series with "Buddy" being the main
character, is due out in July 2001. The name of the book is "The Fabulous
Trashwagon". (??? only Burt could get away with a title like this)

Burt also has a book coming out that is called the "Potside Companion", which
is due out very soon. It is an anthology of his past stories and also some
new ones. Burt asks why we did not take ad in the the "Potside Companion" as
it contains Triumph stuff. I told him that, if there were a choice between
the two books, I would choose the next book in his 'Buddy' series....I am
sticking to my original decision.

BTW, no hurry on sending money for ad...I'd like to get someone to volunteer
to do artwork on this ad...(Greg?) ...and submit it for review...once again,
I see FOT LOGO..."A TRIUMPH RACING ORGANIZATION"...and the HONOR ROLL of
contributors, as well as the names of our friends who are recently deceased
who were or might have been FOT members within this time frame. I see going
for the colored ad....$20 each for 100 contributors. If we fall short we can
go to Black & White. I see no problem making the goal....

Input?

Joe Alexander

National Coordinator (so-called)