fot

Re: Suggestions for FOT Emails & A Recommendation to FOT

To: N197TR4@cs.com
Subject: Re: Suggestions for FOT Emails & A Recommendation to FOT
From: EISANDIEGO@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 10:19:58 EDT
Joe

    I learned a lot yesterday about a facet of autocross that I knew nothing
about before. Could the discussion been handled more efficiently? yes. Did
others learn anything? I do not know Do they want to learn anything? That is
a good question.

    Like Bill Babcock, one of my primary modes of business communications is
the Internet. We use it to organize and communicate with customers. There are
sometimes hundreds of emails a day. A big difference between how my business
operates and how FOT operates is a clear definition in the subject line.

    I believe that if we all make better use of the subject line, it would
help FOTers screen emails. For example, if yesterdays exchange would have had
the subject line of "Webers Eligibility on Spitfires in Autocross," it would
have allowed each FOTers to make an individual decision about reading. As I
said earlier, I learned something from the dialog, but almost deleted the
entire exchange until I realize where it was heading.

    I have learned a great deal from all of you. FOT is a wonderful source of
knowledge about these cars. There is both enthusiasm and knowledge about
actual racing that the group should find some way to pass on to another
generation. I personally believe that FOT should attempt to collaborate on
new competition manual for all of these cars. This should include as much
documentation as possible as to the modification that have been done prior to
1972 and after.

    In addition, FOT should try to be more organized in the paddocks at race
events to help educate and interest a new generation about these racecars.
These cars dominated SCCA club racing for years (and are still very
competitive), we need to help build the respect that they deserve. If FOT
does not do this, I do not know who will.

    Just like the Lorincz's Spitfire, your cars could find themselves
neglected and rusting away in farm yards if there is not a new generation of
Triumph stewards.

Amen, Cary Perket