fot

Re: Dashboard for Racing TR's

To: jmwagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Subject: Re: Dashboard for Racing TR's
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 16:48:31 -0500
At 12:53 PM 11/6/00 -0800, jmwagner wrote:

>all done in a high quality
>plywood (similar to stock)... without a laminate.

Justin,

You had me intrigued until this part. Every custom dash I have ever seen in
a race car is aluminum.

I have played with the idea of making one for my car, using aluminum. But
when I realized my big Stewart Warner tach would fit in the original dash
with a minor amount of work, I opted to keep the original. I have a dash
out of an early car, all steel. Someday I will rework the dash to move the
tach to a place where the steering wheel can't get in the way of reading
it... Honest, I will!
Henry Frye - thefryes@iconn.net   -   TR4 #05
http://members.iconn.net/~thefryes/race/raceintro.html