fot

Re: Dashboard for Racing TR's

To: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Subject: Re: Dashboard for Racing TR's
From: jmwagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 09:39:07 -0800
Once I have an accurate buck, I could make a dash, in the proper shape, out of
aluminum just as easy as wood.   If that was the overwhelming choice of
material, there would be no problem offering that.

I'm surpised you say "every custom dash you have ever seen is aluminum"... as I
can not say that...  going to vintage races... I've seen plenty of people
simply alter their original wood dash... or slap in a blank of some material
other than aluminum.

However, of course, fire is a good point.  You could paint the back of a wood
dash with fire-retardent paint.   Or... you could use aluminum.... as mentioned
...or a flame retardent material.