fot

Re: Questions on Vintage Qualification

To: "Frank Axelrod" <Frankster@mindspring.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Questions on Vintage Qualification
From: "rem9" <rem9@sunlink.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 17:47:52 -0500
Frank, first, welcome to the jungle. Next a bit of information on your
inquiries. As someone with 5 years of experience as a Tech inspector with
SVRA, I can offer what their twist might be on your car. Unfortunately the
rear disk brakes and all fiberglass would have to be replaced with the stock
material. Additionally as a point of information, no fender flares are
allowed even though some do try to push the issue by pushing the rear out by
a couple of inches. At some point in the future even this might cause an
issue and require replacement before the next event. Again this is only for
running with SVRA, other sanctioning bodies may have differing regs and the
best thing to do is find who stages events  in your area, see what their
requirements are and make your choice. Usually a car is prepared differently
for Vintage vs SCCA and the preparation reflects a difference in the
philosophies of the groups. Vintage is not "win at any cost" which is what
some say SCCA at the national level has become. In Vintage, you are more
likely to find folks just out for fun with friends.
Glad to answer any questions I can help you with. In the FOT group there is
wide representation in a large number of race sanctioning bodies, you'll
find them all willing to help you in your quest for information.

Best of luck and welcome.
Russ Moore
Spitfire #49