fot

Fwd: Vintage racing....[RMVR; New Mexico}

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fwd: Vintage racing....[RMVR; New Mexico}
From: "Frank Axelrod" <Frankster@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 17:16:02 -0500
Greetings

Thanks again to Dave Wingett for introducing me to the FOT list.

I recently purchased a well prepped G prod spitfire that with the right guy
behind the wheel could be a national terror. I however am interested in
campaigning the car in vintage and some regional events.

The big challenge I believe for vintage racing is the fiberglass and rear disc
brakes.  The rear fenders are fiberglass shells dzused over a metal cutaway.
I was planning on simply using a steel fender dzused in place of the
fiberglass.  As for the brakes I hate to chage them...alot thought went into
it and quite frankly they work great.

To make a long story short...Anyone have any thoughts on being able to race
vintage and SCCA without completely butchering the current set up.

TIA

Frank Axelrod