fot

Re: Brake Master Cylinders

To: WEmery7451@aol.com, Cwn74@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake Master Cylinders
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 11:20:15 EST
In a message dated 12/01/2000 9:07:14 AM Central Standard Time,
WEmery7451@aol.com writes:

<< I am now trying to stretch my memory, since I haven't found my old
 correspondence.  The year SCCA required the dual braking system, Hardy ran a
 race or two using the stock system without being caught.  He then tried to
 adapt another system, maybe from a British Taxi Cab.  Someone from the
 Roadster Factory told me that Hardy would start the race with brakes, and
 them lose them half way through the race.  After many years of success,
Hardy
 decided to park his white TR-3 before the end of this season.

I would be the last to throw stones at Hardy Prentice.  I don't deserve to
carry his tools.  But the ROADSTER FACTORY did contact me concerning that
part number, when they were trying to supply Hardy.  I, of course, provided
it.  I don't know if Hardy used it, or another, but I can assure you John
Harkness, myself, and several others are running the system with no problems.
 Our only strain has been bleeding the system.  It is a bitch to bleed.

Bill Dentinger