fot

Survey Still Ongoing - Every Survey Counts - Early

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Survey Still Ongoing - Every Survey Counts - Early
From: John and Maggie Hornbostel <mgbme@tke.att.ne.jp>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 09:19:46 +0900
FOTers

    About 10% of FOTers have now expressed interest in a national event
combining racing and auto cross and car show. That leaves 90% who we
have not
heard from on the idea. The silent majority !!!

    1. About 50% of the responses were positive about road racing at
such an
event

    2. About 50% of the responses were positive about autocrossing at
such as
event

    3. Most responders seemed open to either an all Triumph or all
British
event.

    4. About 50% said they would be wiling to donate time. We also
received
some offers from others...

    I have not tabulated the other comments, but a frequent concern was
location because of transportation time and costs. There were frequent
comments favoring a midwest event....with Blackhawk farms, Mid-Ohio,
Road
America, Branierd among the tracks mentioned.

    Comments lead me to believe that there is interest in targeting
vintage
race events for regional FOT gatherings in the next year. Nothing has
been
proposed specifically. Although Bill Babcock has suggest a Sovern event
and
there is optimism that some of the Triumph specials will be accepted at
Monterey.

    A statement was made by someone more generally that at least 100
particpants would be needed in order to have a reasonable priced road
race
event. We have less than 20 responses at this point, so it would be nice
hear from the silent majority.

    The question are
    1. Would you participate in nation roadrace (including post 72 setup
cars)?
    2. Would you particpate in national autox ?
    3. Triumph only or British Marques only?
    4. Volunteer time

    Various factors make 2003 the most probable and reasonable starting
year.
However, seems interest in more formally setting up to have FOT get
togethers
at other events this coming year in various regions.

    In summary, less than 20 responses would suggest that the event is
probably not viable. We need to hear from more FOTers, otherwise this is
not
something that FOT should pursue. So the silent majority needs to speak
up
now...

    Regards, Cary