fot

Re: Your opinion ?

To: GRMTim@aol.com
Subject: Re: Your opinion ?
From: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@q1.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 10:48:44 -0500
tim is absolutely correct about the shift of cars in vintage fields.  we
probably
service more races than most suppliers and this has becoome very apparent. on
the
east coast, hsr has become a porsche club race. last year at the walter mitty,
tim and i were set-up beside each other. i think we counted less than 15
brit cars - spits, mini's, spridgets, tr's, mgb adn jags.  this in a race that
draws 400 entries.  hsr and by osmosis svra, will probably continue this trend.
it may be time to realize that the major players in the vintage sanctioning body
have to cater to the $$$$.  if we can bring in a good show - not on paper but in
actuality - they will look.  this is witnessed by mid-ohio and watkins glen.
however this is also starting to diminish.  the trend toward more "arrive and
drive" will take away the entries at non-spectator or marginal spectator events.
moroso is a good example. spectators are there but the numbers aare very small
so
the sanctioning body needs car count for evenue.  we don't generate "car count".
mid-ohio and watkins glen are true spectator tracks. the people come to see
racing no matter what the series.  tracks that do not enjoy this type of
attendance are going to hagve less need for our cars, only a need for entry
numbers. if we can't show the numbers, no interest is generated from either
sanctioning body or race track. ted

--
Ted Schumacher
tedtsimx@q1.net

New - used - rebuilt - performance British car parts.
200-300 cars in our British salvage yard.