fot

Re: Your opinion ?

To: BillDentin@aol.com, tedtsimx@q1.net, GRMTim@aol.com
Subject: Re: Your opinion ?
From: TRBILBO@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 01:42:30 EST
The sportsman series out here is already bringing ex NASCAR and Busch
National cars out....bunches of them. VARA concentrates (by the
racers/members votes) on venues for vintage racers....and a real move this
year is to concentrate on that format rather than spectator races. They
(spectator events) usually don't work....especially for a true 'run what you
brung' sanctioned venue race.

There is a strong message being sent to VARA and other west coast clubs that
we're tired of the higher costs ($225 to $325 a weekend for spectator event
vs $195 for a two day and $225 three day nonspectator event) and the
significantly oversubscribed shorter race times that spectator events provide.

A return to a 'racers club' is being spread loud out here to VARA. I hope
someone listens.Our January annual meeting is going to be a hot one .

A spectator race is nice...maybe one per year....and Moss Motors does a nice
job providing enough of such an event at the Moss British Challenge already
in each June in Buttonwillow. There is a 150+ British cars at this race....a
TR-MG challenge...a Sprite-Mini chalenge .... a pre war class..... sometimes
a healey Jag shoot out....vintage plane fly bys and overheard aerobatics.....
vendors....and all the local clubs (and not so local clubs) do a major car
show.(last year almost a hundred cars in the auto show....non racers.

About all the 'spectator' event we need.

Just my two bits..... ok..ok...four bits I guess. It's about track time and
bench racing to me.... not who paid $20-35 bucks to watch.

Cheers

Bill Burroughs
E Ticket Triumphs