fot

Re: Mid-Ohio-Race length for MG/TR Challenge in '99

To: Frankster@mindspring.com, JFrymark@aol.com
Subject: Re: Mid-Ohio-Race length for MG/TR Challenge in '99
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 15:07:51
As one of the few non-racing FOT types, I'm probably not the best person to
make suggestions as to where we could meet for racing, autocrossing and et
cetera.

What ever location we DO decide on should be convenient for those who travel
to be there... More importanly, it should also be convenient for those who
will be organizing the event. The middle of the country may great for those
of us who travel to get there but, if the facility that is decided on is
stuck in the middle of nowhere and a relatively long drive for the
organizers to get to, wouldn't that put a crimp in planning? Local
facilities also should play a role; Hotel, camping, shopping should also
figure in, for those who's families may not want to hang out at the track
for the entire event.

OTOH, having a "pretty place" to race would really please the photographer
TR guy that I am:)

My tuppence,

Greg

>From: "Frank Axelrod" <Frankster@mindspring.com>
>To: <JFrymark@aol.com>
>CC: <FOT@autox.team.net>
>Subject: Re: Mid-Ohio-Race length for MG/TR Challenge in '99
>Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 08:43:44 -0500
>
>actually detroit might  be an interesting choice...the meadowbrook historic
>races are held in conjunction with the big bucks car show at the friendly
>waterford hills road race track.  And its in August so the snow will have
>just melted

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)