fot

Realistically speaking

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Realistically speaking
From: "Mordy Dunst" <gasket.works@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 22:54:40 -0600
Renting any track is probably duable with enough coin (gold coin..).  We
(fot) are not a recognized organization  nor sanctioned to run any race.  I
would hazard to guess that any insurance underwriter would not take kindely
to us.  Unless we get a tax exempt racing club charter with by-laws
/dues/...and elected board members.

 I'm not sure how other groups do it  i.e. the POC (porsche owners club..) .
My wife used to race her 911 in this group and ran Watkins, Mossport and
others.....I should just ask her how much it cost..   She chided me me some
time ago that the Porsche peope spent substantially more $ than the TR
types...

 I think that the only way for us to get any reasonable safe track is to do
it under the auspices of a Sanctioning / vintage race club. Preferrably a
club that has some leverage and one that finds it in their interest to
assist us....Especially, if it was billed as a speciallty unique marque
event allowing them to make $ at the gate.     It does not matter which
vintage race club (to me)  as long as they allow us to play and have a GOOD
time racing...

If  I have to tow a couple thousand miles, take three days and 300 gals of
diesel (one way) -paying a a premium to race is not the issue...SEAT TIME
IS.
It reminds me of the time I used to save money by driving to the Snow Ski
resort while in college.  Took two days to get there one day to ski and two
days to get back... And I thought I was having a good time.

Corporate sponsorship is something to look at  ..but, which ?  I'm tired of
bugging the usual suspects.

Mordy Dunst
Gasket Works USA, LLC
www.headgasket.com