fot

Memorabilia

To: fot@autox.team.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Memorabilia
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 19:46:54 EST
The following e-mail was found on a Triumph List...Someone out there might be
interested in the dash plaques this guy found in his restoration proect.

Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 09:20:47 -0600 (CST)
From: Gary Nafziger
Subject: interesting stuff found in tr-3

I am currently de-building!! a tr-3........stuck inside the glove box
door.......never seen by me because there was no glove box compartment
behind it......so no need to use it.......i found half a dozen plaques....

these are self sticking metal things....

        two plaques from can-am races at road america
        two plaques "first friday niter" from the santa monica sports car
club with no dates......one has a desert scene and the other just type.
These are only 1 and a half inches long by an inch wide.
        one "flirt" twighlight tour january 1969
        one "Lubyrinth 1"  4-18-69  USC  Alpha Phi Omega, red border with
crossed checkered flags.
        one "spirit of 69"  DORC  April 26, 1969.  showing feet....two
pointed up with two pointed down between!!
        one "canyon capers" showing a car driving along a cliff beside the
ocean almost falling in!!  lower right hand corner very very small letters
pc scc
        two "krud syndicate"  one with silver and the other with blue
background.  4 persons caricature standing facing look like
mobsters......(one peeing)!! standing in line up........

anyway....i thot these were interesting......I plan on mounting/framing them
.......these are small....the largest is maybe three inches long and one
inch wide.

I thought these might bring back memories to anyone who had lived in
california and been involved in the sports cars scene in the 60's or 70's.
does the santa monica sports car club still exist? and what was the
lubyrinth? canyon capers? krud syndicate,first friday niter and spirit of
69?? do we really want to know??LOL

anyhow interesting........am wondering what else I will find in this old
car!!  Does anyone else have a story of treasures found in old cars??
        Gary, Frances Nafziger
                Box 25
        Wellman, Iowa