fot

Re: Memorabilia

To: N197TR4@cs.com, fot@autox.team.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Memorabilia
From: TRBILBO@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 00:15:08 EST
First Friday Nighters have been ongoing since the early 60's (maybe earlier?)
and are still held by the 'unofficial' Santa Monica Sports Car Club which
organizes a multi level road rallye the first Friday night of each month.(I
know they held events as recent as mid last year).

I ran these (FFN's) for almost four years on the 60's and again  for several
years in the late 70's and again for a year or two in the mid 80's. Great
family fun. Classes for all levels including the familty wagon. We used to
get 6 of us in a wagon and have great fun seeing backroads by moonlight we
never knew existed in So Cal.

I had two Krud syndicate placques but never could hook up with the organizers.

I checked with my USC son and he doesn't recognize the Frat placque with
flags but will ask about after the holidays.

And I believe when Leon Duhamel was with us he used speak of belonging to the
Pacific Coast Sports Car Club (PC SCC) which i believe is long defunct. I'll
check with Paul Smock and Leon's wife Margaret for any details.

Anyone else care to share?

Great fun find.

Bill Burroughs
#195 1965 TR4A IRS