fot

TR Fr suspension maintenance advice requested.

To: "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR Fr suspension maintenance advice requested.
From: "Irv Korey" <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 20:45:21 -0600
I was planning to sand blast the front suspension arms of my TR4 to make
them nice and clean for crack testing (magnaflux). One of my friends has
suggested that sand blasting might not be the optimum way to clean these
parts as the act of sand blasting might change the surface of the arms and
cause any cracks to become concealed. He further suggests that I chemically
clean these parts. Any advice from those of you who have been there, done
that?

Thanks much,

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U with A type o/d since 1983
TR4 VSCDA Group 2 #58 now improved to mid pack
Highland Park, IL