fot

Exhaust System

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Exhaust System
From: Richard Hardison <cobra@airmail.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 16:43:16 -0600
I have been reading this discussion with interest.  I am moving into the
final stages of building a TR3A for vintage racing primarily with CVAR.
Ed Barnard is actually building the car for me.  All of his research
tell us to run 45 inches of 2" pipe thru the center frame box and
terminate in front of the rear wheel.  Which rear wheel will be finally
determined by where the 45 inches will take us, but we think it will be
the right side (passenger).  We plan to have a muffler shop bend the
pipe to fit and reach the proper tuned length.  We won't have any noise
problems with CVAR, but I know it could be a problem elsewhere.

Richard