fot

Re: TR 6, etc. Valve Cover Gasket

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: TR 6, etc. Valve Cover Gasket
From: jmwagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 12:28:13 -0800
Joe,

ummmm.... honestly Joe... if it was about a "bigger market".... I'd skip the
other Triumphs completely... and go for
the gold....  Let's keep things in perspective.

I chose Triumphs as my proving ground because that is where my heart is.
Obviously I chose the car I drive to start
with.   I want to do some of the other key triumphs because it is my hobby and
I feel a kindred ship with the TR
folks, but eventually, I will have to move to other makes, such as American
cars and MGBs, etc.  (Meanwhile, I did
hope to make a going concern out of "J. M. Wagner Sales, Ltd." and produce some
other products specifically for
Triumphs.)

I put Spitfire behind the 6-cylinder for several reasons....

1.  Cork works on littler 4 banger valve covers better than it does on that
long 6 cylinder one....   so I felt the
6-cylinder guys were a little more desperate for an alternative...  I don't
mean that sales will be greater, I just
mean that the actual need is greater.  I base this on e-mails I have received
for the last 4 years.

2. The 6-cylinder gasket had special requirements... I had to break new ground.
  I wanted to get a gasket out there
with this new technology.  Once proven, it might pave the way for a TR 7
gasket, etc...  Meanwhile, I can put out a
Spitfire version shortly after the 6-cylinder.

3.  Jan Dawson.

4.  E-mails from desperate 6-owners.

I get the feeling you feel snubbed since I put the 6-cylinder first.  I
apologize for that, but there's method to my
madness.  And since I do plan to get a Spitfire version out this year, there
really isn't that much of a delay factor
between the two.  It won't be another 4 years before I get to another gasket!

--Justin Wagner