fot

Quaife Gear oil

To: Leon Guyot <GuyotLeonF@aol.com>, Friends of Triumph
Subject: Quaife Gear oil
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 13:28:04 -0700
Leon, I sent a message about the correct oil to use and here's the reply I got:

Quaife Wrote:

Mr. Curry,

The gear oil is fine as long as that is the weight specified for the std.
unit.  For example, a Honda transaxle uses 30W motor oil for lubrication,
putting in a good 75/90W gear oil will work fine for the diff but cause
major havoc for the rest of the transaxle.  A good rule of thumb is make
sure the oil weight you use is the same as the original.  The diff will not
care but the rest of the internals might.

Regards,

Ralph Hollack

Regards,
Joe (C)